Blog Directory

Sunday, January 13, 2008

#2

Chuck Klosterman's second question...

2. Assume a fully grown horse is shackled to the ground with head held in place; conscious and upright, but immobile. Every political prisoner on earth will be released if you can kick this horse to death in twenty minutes. Steel-toed boots are allowed.
Would you attempt this?

I'm initially inclined to say 'yes' due strictly to nature's pecking order and to the presumption that this horse has much less at stake emotionally. However, the all-encompassing implication of "every political prisoner on earth" would very clearly not exclude my own country's political prisoners, whom I hope [but probably not] are justifiably captive.

Besides, I have a certain amount of respect for natural selection; I don't consider myself qualified to interfere in the process and especially on such a grand level.

Spare the horse and screw politics. There is a chance that the horse may actually contribute more positively to mankind than some politically-involved humans anyway.

No comments: